Given the year we’ve all had, we’ve decided to continue that cosy, festive feeling right up into January and snuggle up with some delicious recipes. Part of Scottish Ballet’s collaboration with Eteaket to release a range of Nutcracker-themed teas, two of the recipes include ‘The Nutcracker’ loose leaf Sri Lankan black tea and the ‘Waltz of the Flowers’ caffeine-free herb and fruit infusion, while the final tasty bellini option uses the Edinburgh-based tea company’s Winter Baked Apple Tea.
THE NUTCRACKER LATTE
- Nutcracker Tea
- 125ml milk of your choice
- 25ml condensed milk
- Whipped cream
- Brew 1 tsp. per latte of Nutcracker Tea in 125ml of boiling water for 5 minutes
- Combine the milk and condensed milk and heat. You can do this in a pan, with a steam wand or velvetiser.
- Strain the tea into your mug and top with milk concoction
- To finish swirl on whipped cream, cinnamon and marshmallows
WALTZ OF THE FLOWERS MARZIPAN TRUFFLES
- Waltz of the Flower small batch tea
- 250g ground almonds
- 125g icing sugar
- 125g caster sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 100g dark chocolate
- 30g pistachios
- In a pestle and mortar grind 2 tsp. of Waltz of the Flowers tea until fine. Add in a tablespoon of boiling water to start to release the flavour.
- In a food processor, place the almonds, caster sugar and icing sugar and blitz until mixed. Add in the tea mixture and the first egg yolk.
- Continue to blend until the mixture comes together as a paste. Add in the second egg yolk if needed.
- Once you have a firm dough, shape into bite-sized balls and refrigerate
- Crush the pistachios
- Melt the dark chocolate until liquid and carefully dip in each of the marzipan balls. Sprinkle over crushed pistachio and a few petals from the tea and allow to cool and set.
- Keep in an airtight container in the fridge until ready to serve
WINTER BAKED APPLE BELLINI
- Winter Baked Apple Tea
- 1 apple
- 1 lemon
- Brew 10g of tea in freshly boiled water. Allow to fully cool for an intense flavour.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of sugar with 1 tablespoon of boiling water. Stir well to form a syrup.
- In a shaker, squeeze half your lemon, 20ml of syrup and 60ml of strained tea with ice for 15 seconds.
- Strain into serving glass and top with prosecco
- Garnish with apple slices & lemon zest