Want to whip up a breakfast favourite at home? The Huxley has shared their recipe for their Eggs Benedict, complete with how to make your own hollandaise sauce. Perfect for those long lazy mornings through the holidays.
1 x English Breakfast Muffin
50g of the finest, cooked un-smoked ham
1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
100ml hollandaise sauce
• Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add a tbsp of white wine vinegar to the water
• Reduce heat to “ripple effect”
• Lightly toast and butter the muffins
• Add eggs to the water and softly poach them for 5 minutes
• Warm ham in pan on a medium heat – not to cook, just to heat through.
• Place ham on top of the muffins, and place eggs on top of the ham.
• Spoon a generous amount of Hollandaise (*see below) over the eggs
• Place under a hot grill to lightly colour
For the Hollandaise Sauce:
175g unsalted butter
2 egg yolks
1 tbsp white wine vinegar
• Melt the butter
• Lightly whisk the eggs and vinegar over a pan of simmering water.
• When the mix begins to thicken (known as the “ribbon stage”) begin to slowly add the butter.
• Keep mixing until all the butter is combined leaving a rich, glossy, indulgent Hollandaise Sauce.
• Season to taste.
Mix it up by trying out these variations:
Eggs Florentine replaces the ham with spinach
Eggs Royale replaces the ham with salmon