- Scottish Woman Magazine is committed to protecting your privacy and maintaining the security of any personal information received from you. We strictly adhere to the requirements of the data protection legislation in the UK.The purpose of this statement is to explain to you what personal information we collect and how we may use it.
- When you order, we need to know your contact details, billing address and delivery address. This allows us to process and fulfil your order. You have the option to withhold personal information that is not required for the order process.
- We will only contact you with your consent.
- We do not sell, rent or exchange your personal information with any third party for commercial reasons, beyond the essential requirement for order validation during purchase.
- We use a technology called “cookies” as part of a normal business procedure. Cookies are small text files that are created by a web server and stored on your computer when you visit a website. They don’t do anything i.e. they are not executable code and can only be read by (you and) the website that created them. You can view and edit the cookies on your computer like any other text file using a text editor (the contents are usually just strings of unique identifiers and date/timestamps). The website that created the cookie can read the contents when you are at their website. Cookies are widely used across the internet: you may have hundreds of cookies on your computer at any one time. Each browser has its own set of cookies so, if you run multiple browsers, you will have multiple sets of cookies on your computer.
- To allow users to place an order on our online shop;
- To allow users to remember login details for their online shop account;
- For visitor tracking and statistic gathering via Google Analytics
- All major browsers allow you to block cookies and delete those that have already been created on your computer, usually within the ‘Tools’ section of the browser. These tools allow you to specify which cookies you will accept by type and often by specific websites using an exception list e.g. you can block all cookies and then list the website from which you will accept cookies. There are also a wide choice of browser add-ins that you can install if you wish greater control over persistent cookies.
- We employ two third party payment processing companies – PayPal and WorldPay. They capture and process your payment details without passing the information back to us. Please also view their Privacy Polcies when choosing to use them as your chosen payment gateway.
- If you have any questions about privacy please contact us on 01506 200890.